Friday, March 28, 2008

My Out of Town Guest









Today's blogger is a guest, Mary Robin's son, Burr,visiting from California for a long weekend.

I rushed to Maine to catch the end of your long winter, and to be with Mom for a few days. I usually visit Maine in the summer, and this is the first time I have been here in the 'spring' since about 1980. When does 'spring' really arrive here, anyway? I also got to hang out with my sister Rachel, and frame one of her original oil paints to take home. What a bonus! I also checked in with my ol' friend Christian, who is working on his MFA. He shared his work with me, and said 'art needs an audience' and explained his departure from the trope of his previous ethnographic portraits. And, I am really happy to hang out with my cool nephew, Wilder and his partner, Elise. We're all going to the Maine College of Art tonight to hear a speaker. It's a family affair with an artsy focus.

No comments: